Tuesday 16 March 2010

I'm a changing man

Having a baby is of course a life changing experience, not least for the mother but i have been thinking recently how it has changed me as a person.

I think it has definately made me more paitent, which previously was one of my biggest weaknesses.  I no longer seem bothered that we occasionally run late and have no eagerness get anywhere until we are completly loaded up.

I am amazed at my ability to operate with very little sleep, obviously this goes with the territory, but since i was about 25 i have really enjoyed and appreciated my sleep and the 1st 3 or 4 weeks without were painful, both physically and emotionally!  Nearly 9 months on and she still wakes at night, normally only once now about 4 ish, but sometimes more.  I would not say i am used to the lack of sleep at all but i just get on with it and carry on as if i have had a good nights sleep.

I have always liked a good night out and there was a time when i would go out 4 or 5 nights a week.  Now we rarely go out because obviously we have to stay in and look after the baby but on the occassional times we have been out since she came along it is just not the same.  Whilst I apprecaite a change of scenery and enjoy the time i am out, i am keen to get back home earlier rather than later, i never thought i would say that.

Also, I am definatley less lazy! I love going for long walks with the pushchair and generally i will do things that need doing as soon as they need doing rather than putting them off.

Funny really

No comments:

Post a Comment