Tuesday 16 March 2010

How clean is your house?

I have had quite a productive day today and have been spring cleaning the house like a little trojan.  I actually quite like cleaning once i can get the motivation to do it, after all i make the mess most of the time,  but it always helps when the wife has left me a list of what she wants done before she gets home!

Although i quite like doing it i dont think i am very good at it, i think there is definatley something in the belief that it is womens work! I dont mean that in a sexist way at all but the wife just seems to get on with it, and have the whole house spotless in an hour or 2.   When I do it, it seems to take proper ages, (i dont suppose the internet and twitter help my cause) and no matter how hard i try, i always think it could be better.  My glass is always streaky, my stainless always looks stained and i seem to acquire piles of junk everywhere! 

Today though, i am quite pleased with my efforts, the newly mopped floors look shiny, the surfaces nicely polished, the bathroom looks as good as new and everything smells nice.  I  even took the lounge curtains down and washed them, hung them out to dry on the line and put them back up, they appear to have shrunk though!

In about 2 days the wife will decide that it is getting a bit untidy again and like a flash, (or a cif) it will be sparkling again, but least I know i have done my bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment