Wednesday 14 April 2010

Soho ho

It bugs me how irregular my blog updates are!

I went to London on Saturday for a friends stag and i had a really good time.  I dunno if i have mentioned this before but I have 2 very good groups of friends but they dont generally know each other.  The first group are my oldest friends who i have known about 16-17 years and are the group i first got drunk with, used to chase girls with and have seen a fair bit of the world with, unforunately as a group we now all live in various parts of the country so dont see each other that often

The other group, i have known well for about 10-12 years and mainly I met them through a shared love of local pubs.  Nothing against either group but I kind of like having the 2 seperate groups and whilst i am sure they would all get on great if they mixed, it is nice to have a choice of social options!

Anyway, thats that all cleared up, it was the first group who i went to London with on Saturday.

Having missed the 0955 train, my fault and something I had never done before, we got to London at about 12 and headed by cab to Soho.  It was great going in a cab, normally I would get the tube for ease, but I felt like a proper tourist, we went past Buckingham Palace, Traffalger Square and some other places (??) and I really enjoyed seeing them.

After a quick lunch and a few beers (courtesy of the brilliant Samuel Smith) we headed to Urban Golf which is quite a cool place.  It is a bit odd because it is in the basement of a very plain looking office building, but once downstairs you soon forget where you are.  It is basically a row of large cubicles with a golf simulator in each, so you whack the ball at a projector screen.   It has been a few years since I played any sort of golf and i had had a few beers before and during the game but it demonstrated how terrible at golf I am! Awful!

Although rubbish at it, I did enjoy the place but was happy that we only played 2 hours rather than the full 18 holes of St Andrews!

We moved on to a couple more quite "local" sort of pubs which was great considering how busy it was outside, then went for an Indian Tapas meal.  I dont like Indian, not even the fact its hot, just dont like the taste, I did have 5 vegetarian dishes though, as i am a bit funny about meat in takeaways, and they were ok, but then I am no expert!  If you do happen to be in Soho and like curry however my mates would recommend Imli.

Next stop was Soho Ho Comedy Club, which was really great, as you know i have a great love and admiration for stand up and this was a proper comedy club, tiny, dark and dingy!

There were 4 comedians but I think they deserve another blog post, which I will do, hopefully soon.

Reading this I imagine it is ever so boring if you were not there? Sorry about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment